HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!
How have you all been? I ended up taking an involuntary hiatus from my blog due to exams and practical’s. Was so busy I just didn’t have time to blog or blog hop at all. I also read only one book in April😭 😭. Good news is exams are almost over yay 💃💃 and now I’m going to be back on my blog. Thanks to all of you who stuck with me, people were still following me despite the fact that I wasn’t active, I’m touched. So here is a quick wrap-up of March and April.
- In March, I won three giveaways 🎊🎊. Awesome right? This is a pretty big deal for an International book blogger because book depository doesn’t ship to my country and most giveaways are US/UK only, I feel I used up all my luck though haha 😅😅
- My post to celebrate women’s day in march blew up way more than I expected. I got more comments than usual and it even got featured in other bloggers wrap up/ monthly favourites FIVE times. I mean I just thought it up that day and expected it to get drowned out in the abyss of blog posts. I really enjoyed writing that post because I love promoting Nigerian Authors and I’m glad people liked reading it. Thanks guys, this motivates me to keep on writing great content.
- I watched Avengers Infinity War and it was amazing. It broke me, really. I’m not going to post any spoilers but WHAT WAS THAT….THAT ENDING😭😭. Please when is the next movie coming out, they can’t just leave me hanging like that. Marvel just keeps on releasing great movies back to back, so unfair to my bank account.
- I got nominated for Best Book Blogger for Underrepresented/ Minority Group twice. Thanks Nandini and Aurora. Being on that list at all means a lot to this small book blogger. Please check out their amazing blogs guys.
- 100 WordPress followers. Thank you all so much.
So here are some posts from March and April that I loved. (click the blue underlined words to go to the posts)
- Cait @Paper Fury post about autism and how to tell if a book has good Autism rep. P.S her book A Thousand Perfect Notes comes out in June.
- Marija @Inside my library mind talks about how to tackle the maze that is Edelweiss. It was so confusing for me when i first started using it. This post is about what you need to do to create a good profile, request for books and download books on Edelweiss. It’s really detailed too. Seriously guys I never get approved for anything on there. What do I need to do? Sacrifice a book, bathe in the blood of my enemies? Someone tell me.
- May @Forever and Everly talks about privilege in the YA community and how some influencers are at more of a disadvantage than others and it’s such a relevant topic to talk about right now.
- Afoma @ afomaumesi recommends six middle grade books to look out for this year.
- Nandini @ Unputdownablebooks did an author chat with Gloria Chao, author of American Panda. She talks about American Panda, her next book and a lot of other things. It really got me excited for her next book. It is such a fun interview to read.
- Marija @ Inside my library mind post about books she would like to see as comics and vice versa. Don’t know about you, but I would love to see The Binti trilogy being made into a comic. Have you seen these new Binti covers coming out in July, so gorgeous. Having a Himba woman on the cover of a book is a major win for the African book community. Check them out in their full glory on Tor.com website.
Here are some books coming out this month that I’m excited about
This month I’m getting ready a food post finally. Was kind of confused about it, I originally started this as a book and food blog but I focused more on the book part so much of my followers are bookworms so I was worried that a food post might turn them off. But I finally and decided to do it anyway so be expecting. I would also like to know your thoughts on this. Would you read it or not?
I’m also going to create a bookstagram account this month🎉🎉. Finally!!. Really looking forward to being a part of the bookstagram community. Got any tips and advice for me? I’m all ears.
Wishing you all the very best this month of May. I wish that this month things go your way and you find success, love and acceptance at every turn of the way. Keep shining.