Hi everyone. So is it just me or did June just go by so fast. I thought it would be much slower but it had other plans. Cant believe we are halway through 2018 already.
How has the month been for you? Mine has been fun and stressful. So many things happened this month,I started my IT which is fun and also a little disappointing. I met up with some friends I haven seen in a while.
A lot of sad stuff happened in my country too. I don’t want this to become a political rant but it hurts when you see your fellow Nigerians dying for no good reason. Their deaths could have been easily avoided but because of the rampant corruption and bad leadership we have lost more lives in recent times. I’m angry, not with the government but with myself because I feel so powerless and I can’t do anything to stop it. A lot of shit has been happening all over the world too and some days I just want to give up on humanity.
Well enough with the doom and gloom. Here are my favourite posts of this month. Enjoy.
- Nandini’s post about the challenges of being an Indian Bibliophile and the Indian Lit readathon she organised with her fellow Indian book bloggers. Anyone is free to participate and you can see the prompts in the post. So if you want to read more diverse books sign up for this and get your TBR ready. 😉
- Laura @ Whatshotblog talks about an issue that been debated on for a while and she believes its time for book bloggers to get paid and I agree with her. We put so much time and effort into our blogs to promote books we love so I think we should get paid like other bloggers in different niches. Although yes some publishers and authors don’t have the budget for it but what about those that have. The part about lifestyle bloggers being paid to promote a book while book bloggers aren’t paid to promote the same book is just unfair too. So check out the post and see if you agree or disagree.
- In a messy world talks about why she wants to be more like Mr Bean and to be honest it really brightened up my day. If you have watched Mr Beans’s movies you will notice that he is carefree and does what he wants regardless of what people might think of him which results in hilarious situations. So here’s to living life, being ourselves , pursuing our passions , being our awkward glorious selves and not giving a damn what people think.
- Vicky talks about privilege in the publishing and book blogging community and its a great post and I could relate to a lot of her points cause hello, International book blogger here. I think we all should read this post and start doing something about this.
- .Afoma Umesi interviewed Atoke, the author of +234 – An Awkward guide to being a Nigerian and I laughed so much reading this post. It might make a lot more sense to my fellow Nigerians but you all have to read this and also all the other interviews Afoma has done. She has interviewed authors, book bloggers, bookstagramers and editors.
- Okay time for some shameless self promo but I interviewed Marija of Inside my library mind book blog and it was so much fun and im proud of the post so check it out guys. Marija is a great blogger. So if you want to know more about Marija and her blog and feast your eyes on some Brooklyn nine-nine Gifs , now is your chance. Go ahead, no need to thank me 😌😌
The favourite posts of the month meme was created by Kristin @ KristinKravesBooks and anyone can participate. Just create your post and link back to her blog post.
Chat time! Have you watched any Mr Bean movie? What are your favourite posts of the month? How has the first half of 2018 been for you? Happy new month in advance everyone. Wishing you all the best in July, Keep slaying. 😘😘
LETS BE FRIENDS
BOOKSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS